Volume 2: Tony Koester’s Nickel Plate Road (NKP)
Join us as we are transported back in time to October 8th, 1954, between Frankfort, Indiana and Charleston, Illinois, on the Third Subdivision, of the St. Louis Division, of the Clover Leaf District, of the Nickel Plate Road.
Steam still rules on the Third Subdivision with 0-8-0 yard switchers, 2-8-2 Mikados, 2-8-4 Berkshires, and 4-6-4 Hudsons, but diesels are making their presence known with EMD GP7’s, F-M H-10-44’s, as well as Alco RS3’s and PA’s.
You will witness locomotives being serviced and assigned to trains at the massive facilities and yards in Frankfort (IN) and Charleston (IL), view switching operations at Linden (IN), Veedersburg (IN), Cayuga (IN), Humrick (IL), Metcalf (IL), Oakland (IL), and Fair Grange (IL), as well as observing passenger operations at Frankfort (IN), Linden (IN), Veedersburg (IN), Cayuga (IN), and Charleston (IL). All with authentically recreated track plans, buildings, and scenes, while being pulled by correct locomotive classes assigned to this subdivision.
Main Program segments include:
• Complete Operation of the entire layout, with you trackside for all of the action
• In-depth Interview with Tony Koester, where he discussed not only model railroading, but also details of his multiple careers, travels, friendships, and life experiences
• Panoramic Overview of the layout room, showing overall views of this double decked, 24’6” by 60’6” masterpiece
• Scenes of Inspiration, where Tony discusses his personal connections to locations and structures.
How To & Specialty Segments on the Bonus Disc include:
• Blending backdrops into the benchwork scenery how to
• Weathering rolling stock with Panpastels how to
• Creating soy bean crops how to
• Incorporating fusees during operation
• Staging the layout for an operating session
• Observing and following the crews during an operating session
Produced By: Nace’s Videography, LLC
Run Time: 2 hours, 40 minutes
www.nacesvideography.com • 800-285-8685
©2019 Nace’s Videography, LLC
Made in USA